Apr 22 10:00 am - Apr 24 11:59 pm (GMT-10:00) Hawaii
1801 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814, United States
Emerging from quarantine like a beautiful anime butterfly, Kawaii Kon, the largest anime convention in Hawaii, will be back April 22-24, 2022.
You can expect all of your Kawaii Kon favorites, like panels, tabletop games, video games, performances, exhibitors, artists and the very best guests. Details will be posted soon!
Attendees who purchased a membership for Kawaii Kon 2020 will have their tickets automatically transferred to this April event. Attendees who cannot attend the new dates will have the option to roll their membership over to 2023.
Kawaii Kon and the Hawaii Convention Center will be following the COVID19 protocols set forth by the Hawaii Safe Travels program. Attendees must be masked at all times, and will need to provide proof of full vaccination or eligible negative COVID19 test. COVID19 protocols may change as official guidance is updated. Refusal to follow guidelines will result in membership being revoked and being escorted off property.
If at the time of the convention you are feeling ill, please stay home and email us at email@example.com for next steps.
All participants are required to show proof of full vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken on or after April 21, 2022. This will be a requirement to pick up your badge. If you have your vaccine information verified by a mobile app or other vaccine verification program such as SMART Hawaii Health, that will be accepted (and is recommended to speed along the registration process).
Ways you can show proof of vaccination
Your physical vaccination card with your name and the date(s) of inoculation
A clear photo (on your mobile is fine) of both sides of your vaccine card (vaccine card must have your name and the dates of inoculation on it)
Vaccine Verification apps such as SMART Hawaii Health
Other methods may be accepted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure your method will work.
What does Full Vaccination mean?
Your 2nd dose of vaccine (if getting a 2 dose vaccination) or your J&J vaccination MUST be done on or before April 8, 2022. If your final vaccination date is after this date, you will still need to show a negative COVID19 test. You do not need a booster to be considered fully vaccinated.
All participants are required to wear masks while in event rooms as well as in lines. Convention Center staff, Kawaii Kon directors and crew, vendors, artists, exhibitors, and any human over the age of 2 must have a mask on to be inside any rooms – panel rooms, video gaming, tabletop gaming, the exhibit halls, video rooms, etc. The only exception to this rule is for presenters, who can remove their masks to present, but will need to remain on stage or at least 10 feet away from the audience during their panel/presentation.
- Fully cover both your mouth and nose. If you do not have a nose, this also includes beaks, trunks, nostril slits, or snouts.
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material. This does not include mesh.
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow you to remain hands-free
Masks must not
- be neck gaiters, t-shirts pulled up over your face, bandanas or scarves – CDC guidance says these do not do an adequate job of blocking particles
- have a release valve – valves expel your exhaled air and thus are not useful in stopping the spread of COVID19
- have holes or be made of mesh, tulle, screen material, organza, etc.
If you are unsure if your mask qualifies under this policy, it probably doesn’t, but you can send a picture to email@example.com to be sure.
If you don’t have a mask, we will have disposable masks available at the door for $1.
Additional Details & Protocols
- Hand sanitizer stands will be available throughout the Hawaii Convention Center for attendees.
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing any COVID19 (or any other illness!) symptoms.
- If you begin feeling unwell while at the convention, please head to the first aid station between rooms 318 & 319 so they can check you out and determine if you need to leave or not. Based on the situation, we may offer discounts/credit for a future year.
Wash your hands frequently/shower/etc
- Bear in mind that guests will have varying levels of comfort with human contact. We will do our best to communicate ahead of time what each guests’ requests are. It is possible that they may change their preferences during the convention to be more or less restrictive. Please be patient and understanding so that the guest will feel comfortable and want to come back in future years!
- If you are feeling unwell at the time of the convention, STAY HOME and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to roll your membership over to next year.
Time stamped photos of home tests will be accepted as proof of negative COVID19 test, but we strongly recommend utilizing PCR tests (such as those provided for free at Walgreens, CVS, etc)
If you are unable or unwilling to comply with the above policies, please email us at email@example.com and we will happily roll your badge over to 2023 or help you transfer it to another person.