Foodie Friday Contest – Sponsored by Lacewell Insurance
1. Participants must complete registration through the NC Whirligig Festival website.
2. The contest is open to the first 50 participants that complete the contest.
3. The main contact for the registration must be 16 years of age or older.
4. To complete the Foodie Friday contest participants must:
a. Be home chefs, professional cooks or restaurants are excluded.
b. Select a food typically only available at the festival. Top dishes for consideration are: funnel cake, turkey legs, kettle corn, roasted ears of corn, deep fried desserts, chicken on a stick and really anything on a stick!
c. Foods that cannot be considered are hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ, sandwiches, beverages or anything that can be typically be ordered in a restaurant.
d. Cook food dish in their home kitchen using personal supplies and equipment.
e. Invite several family/friends to serve as taste test judges using scorecards to display feedback. Scoring should range from (1) for poor taste to (10) for excellent taste.
f. Submit 5 photos: one photo of the completed dish plated, two photos of the home chef cooking the food, one photo of family/friends tasting food and one photo of the judges holding scorecards
g. Optional – home chef may submit a video (max 55 seconds) showing creativity and demonstration of home cooking festival food.
h. The deadline for submitting the Foodie Friday Cooking contest is during Whirligig Week on Friday, November 6 at 8 pm.
5. The judges will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The judges will be comprised of the NC Whirligig Festival planning team. The 1st place prize will include a $100 cash prize. Remaining prizes will be provided by the contest sponsor and includes festival merchandise items.
6. The winners will be selected based on originality and creativity expressed through the submitted photos and video. Judges will also consider the inclusion of family/friends. Due to COVID health concerns, there will not be an actual taste test.
7. The winners will be announced during Whirligig Weekend on Sunday, November 8 on the festival’s social media. The festival team will reach out to the winners through the contact information provided on the registration form.
8. Winners may pick up their Prize Pack the afternoon of Sunday, Nov. 8. or make individual appointments with the festival team during the following week. Time is of the essence. Prize packs not claimed by Friday, Nov. 13 will be forfeited.
9. Any questions regarding the contest should be directed to the project coordinator, Sheryletta Lacewell, project coordinator on the Festival planning team, by calling 252-237-1221or emailing email@example.com
All contest entries become the property of the NC Whirligig Festival. All participants must follow the National and State guidelines for COVID 19 to protect and ensure the health and safety of the community. As part of submission participants give permission to use images and name as withing the festival publicity. All participants vow to hold harmless the festival, any associated sponsor and organizations.