Give It A Whirl Dance Video Challenge - Sponsored by Wilson Arts
1. Participants must complete registration through the NC Whirligig Festival website at https://www.whirligigfestivalnc.org.
2. The contest is open to the first 50 participants that complete the contest.
3. The main contact for the contest must be at least 16 years of age.
4. The video challenge will be posted on the festival social media accounts, Instagram and Facebook. Participants will use the registration process to submit their completed challenge video.
5. To complete the Give It a Whirl Dance Contest participants must:
a. Watch the provided sample video and practice the dance challenge (Coming soon!)
b. Submit a video (max 55 seconds) mimicking the challenge
c. The deadline for submitting the video entry is during Whirligig Week on Monday, November 2 at 8 pm.
d. Participants may use whatever platform they wish to use (i.e. Instagram Reels, TikTok, etc.) as long as it meets the above criteria
6. The judges, comprised of Wilson Arts staff and the Whirligig Festival Planning Committee, will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. 1st place will include a $100 cash prize. Remaining prizes will be provided by the contest sponsor and includes festival merchandise items.
7. The winners will be selected based on creativity, number of family/friends included (safely distanced) and how close the participants come to matching the dance challenge.
8. The winners will be announced during Whirligig Weekend on Saturday, November 7 on the festival’s social media. The festival team will reach out to the winners through the contact information provided on the registration form.
9. Winners may pick up their Prize Pack the afternoon of Saturday, Nov. 7, Sunday, Nov. 8. or make individual appointments with the festival team during the following week. Time is of the essence. Prize packs not claimed by Friday, Nov. 13 will be forfeited.
10. Any questions regarding the contest should be directed to the project coordinator, Stephanie Pridgen with Wilson Arts by calling 252-291-4329 or emailing email@example.com
All contest entries become the property of the NC Whirligig Festival. All participants must follow the National and State guidelines for COVID 19 to protect and ensure the health and safety of the community. As part of submission participants give permission to use images and name as withing the festival publicity. All participants vow to hold harmless the festival, any associated sponsor and organizations.