2022 Juried Demonstrating Artisan
Deadline: Apr 30, 2022 5:00 pm (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Date: Oct 07, 2022 10:00 am - Oct 09, 2022 5:00 pm
About the event
The application open/close schedule for our Fair venues are as follows: ~ Demonstrating Juried Artisans, Jan 1 - Apr 30 ~ Old Mill Shop Artisans & Crafters, June 1 - Aug 26 ~ Fine Art Show & Exhibit & Art Mart, July 1 - Sept 1 ~ Dried Flower Barn, July 1 - Sept 15 ~ Food & Drink Merchants, May 1 - Aug 26 ~ Farmers Market & Value Added Producers, May 1 - Aug 26 Come...
About the application
The 78th Annual Waterford Fair, the quintessential Fall festival with a juried artisan exhibition (demonstrations and retail sales), is held in the National Historic Landmark village of Waterford the first weekend of October. This truly unique setting gives the 90 heritage and contemporary artisans accepted a beautiful backdrop to demonstrate, sell their products and cultivate lasting...
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing. Booth fees will be refunded, less a $50 processing fee, if cancelled prior to 5:00 pm on August 31. The booth fee is for exhibit space rental by the artisan ONLY and is not transferable. If the artisan cannot participate, control of the space reverts to the Foundation and refunds are made per stated policy. No refunds are given if...
|Application fees||$30||Apply before 5 pm on March 10 to save $10, after which the application fee will be $40.|
Questions on the application
- Business name
- Legal business name
- Contact name
- Website (Optional)
- Logo (Optional)
- Do you have a co-artist applying with you? If so, what is their name and email address.
- If you selected Mixed Media/Other above please provide a short description of your work here.
- Please provide a brief Artisan's statement.
- Demonstrating is a required aspect of our event. Please describe how you plan to demonstrate your art or craft during the event. Note this is specific to the Fair and not to be a substitute for your artisan statement.
- Education is a large part of the Waterford Foundation's mission, as such we ask Fair artisans to provide a small educational activity for children that relates to your work. Keep it simple so with a few quick instructions you can then turn to the parents/customers and talk. Please contact the office if you need ideas or examples of activities. Please describe your activity here. If you do not plan to participate please state so. This is not a requirement, but we do hope you will participate.
- I have read the Demo Artisan Application Prospectus and by applying agree to abide to the rules laid out within.
- I acknowledge that I will provide liability coverage by September 1.
- Homestay/Lodging: local families generously welcome artisans into their homes during the Fair on a first come, first serve basis for free. COVID-19 may dictate we cannot offer homestays. Please let us know if you would be interested in a homestay opportunity and the number of beds you would require should you be accepted into the Fair (ex. 1 bed for 2 adults, or 2 twins for 2 adults) If not, please answer "no".
- Please provide your top 3 preferences for booth/space by listing the item number. For example: if your first choice is "Outside 100 sq. ft. then you would list #7 as your choice. List choices as follows: 7, 8, 1.
- Applicant agrees with the following statement: Placement is only secured when the booth/tent fee balance is paid in full.
- Please list your tent size (length x width x height) and any special details, such as, outside guide ropes extent beyond footprint of the tent. Please also note if you use stakes, weights, or both. We have some areas that stakes will not work easily. If you are applying for indoor space, please state no tent in answer to this question.
- The Foundation has a limited supply of tables for rent for $15 each. If selected, would you need to rent tables, yes or no? If so, how many?
- For outdoor spaces only, if selected will you need to rent electricity (fee $25; bring your own cord) -- yes or no? Please list any equipment that will be running on power except for lighting. Note: no power tools are to be used for your demonstration.
- If you are selected and need help finishing off your "look" - aprons are available to rent on a first come, first serve basis for $25 each. If you need one or more, please let us know how many.
- List how you would like your name(s) to appear on your badge(s) if selected. Each artisan will receive up to two (2) name badges for him/her/they and one (1) helper or co-artisan.
- Please let us know if this is your first time applying. If you have participated with the Fair previously, how many years?
- I may be interested in teaching for the Waterford Craft School. Please contact me to discuss.
- Minimum pictures required: 6
- Please include the following images: Four product images representative of they items you will have available for purchase One image of you, the artisan, at work in your studio or make room (for some this may be a workshop, for others the kitchen table) One image of your tent or booth set up