Throwback Thursday Photo Contest – Sponsored by the NC Whirligig Festival
1. Participants must complete registration through the NC Whirligig Festival website.
2. The contest is open to the first 50 participants that complete the contest.
3. The main contact on the registration form must be at least 16 year of age.
4. To complete the Throwback Thursday Wilson contest participants must:
a. Provide a personal, original historical photo owned by yourself, a family member, a business or organization.
b. Selected photo must more than 1 year old from Nov 1, 2020 to be considered “throwback”.
c. Select only one photo from Wilson’s past such as a previous festival, milestone family event, significant day for a business, organization or community event.
d. Upload two photos: (1) the selected photograph; (2) participant holding the printed photo
e. The deadline for submitting the Throwback Thursday Photo Contest is during Whirligig Week on Thursday, November 5 at 8 pm.
5. The judges will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The judges will be comprised of the NC Whirligig Festival planning team. The 1st place prize will include a $100 cash prize. Remaining prizes will be provided by the contest sponsor and includes festival merchandise items.
6. The winners will be selected based on originality and creativity.
7. The winners will be announced during Whirligig Weekend on Sunday, November 8 on the festival’s social media. The festival team will reach out to the winners through the contact information provided on the registration form.
8. Winners may pick up their Prize Pack the afternoon of Sunday, Nov. 8. or make individual appointments with the festival team during the following week. Time is of the essence. Prize packs not claimed by Friday, Nov. 13 will be forfeited.
9. Any questions regarding the contest should be directed to the project coordinator, Amelia Bain, project coordinator on the Festival planning team, by calling 252-320-9895 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contest entries become the property of the NC Whirligig Festival. All participants must follow the National and State guidelines for COVID 19 to protect and ensure the health and safety of the community. As part of submission participants give permission to use images and name as withing the festival publicity. All participants vow to hold harmless the festival, any associated sponsor and organizations.