Customer Service Assistant Department Head Application
Deadline: Feb 10, 2022 11:59 pm
Date: Feb 11, 2022 9:00 am - Feb 13, 2022 4:00 pm
About the event
Anime Milwaukee (AMKE) is a three-day anime convention that operates at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center and Wisconsin Convention Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with an estimated economic impact of $3.1 million to the downtown area. We celebrate and educate fans about anime, manga, Asian culture, music and gaming.
About the application
Thank you for your interest in a management position for Anime Milwaukee 2022! We're excited to have the chance to work with you to put on our show for thousands of like-minded fans in Wisconsin. We will be asking for information to help us communicate with you and meet your needs as a staffer, and also as a manager for our convention. We do not share this information with anyone...
|Customer Service Assistant Department Head Schedule||Feb 11, 2022 12:00 am - Feb 13, 2022 4:00 pm||1||64|
Questions on the application
- Emergency contacts
- T-shirt size
- What is your chosen / preferred name? If this is the same as your legal name, feel free to just type it again. This is not your badge name, whatever you put here is how we will address you.
- What are your pronouns? As before, whatever you put here is how we will address you.
- Tell us a little about yourself (interests, hobbies, education, work experience, your goal for staffing, anything!)
- Do you have any special skills/qualifications/certifications you feel we should know about?
- Are you a current staff member?
- What years and what department have you staffed previously, if so?
- If you had unlimited time, an unlimited budget, and complete creative freedom, what would you transform about the position and division / department you are applying for?
- Knowing that we don’t have unlimited time and budget, how can we do cool things economically? How should we creatively use the budget we have to put on the best show we can?
- What would you say AMKE’s biggest strengths and weaknesses are currently, and from a leadership perspective in the division/department you are applying for what steps would you look to take in order to improve those strengths or fix those weaknesses in the coming years?
- What are the things specifically that you have seen the division/department you are applying for struggle with that you most want to improve?
- How would you assemble a strong team? What aspect of the process would you put the most focus towards?
- What sort of training does the division/department you are applying for require in order for its staff to do their jobs correctly, and how would you make that happen?
- How do you delegate, or otherwise ensure that your division/department can operate in the event of a temporary absence?
- What would you say are your particular leadership and management styles? How do they enable you to handle conflict or difficulties when they arise?
- Can you give an example of a time when, despite all your best efforts, planning, and preparedness, something went wrong? How did you recover from it and what did you learn?
- Will you require housing?
- Do have any food allergies or dietary restrictions we need to know about? If not, please put N/A or No.
- Do you have any medical considerations that need to be accommodated whilst staffing for AMKE such as diabetes, claustrophobia, severe allergies, or hearing / visual impairment? You do not have to disclose this information if you do not want to! If you do not wish to disclose or have no considerations, please put N/A or No.
- Please upload proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccintion can be a copy of your vaccination card, medical doctor's note on practice letter head, inoculation records from the clinic where you received the vaccine, or screenshot of the virtual passport. If you need a medical exemption, please reach out to Chief of Staff.
- Age Certification
- By signing this application, I understand and agree to abide by the Anime Milwaukee Volunteer Staff Code of Conduct that is attached to this application. I understand that failure to abide by the Code of Conduct may result in the immediate termination of my staff status. I understand that this is a volunteer position and I will not receive payment for my services to the convention. I agree to work my scheduled hours in exchange for a staff badge, meals during the convention, and a hotel room. I also understand and agree that by applying for and accepting a position in AMKE management, I will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.