Welcome to the Arts & Crafts Application process! This is an electronic agreement and by submission, you are validating and approving this agreement electronically.The Annual National Shrimp Festival is produced by the Coastal Alabama Business Chamber (CABC). The CABC retains the exclusive and sole right to sell official Shrimp Festival art, souvenirs and merchandise. Vendors will NOT be allowed to sell ANY items, or market any product that include the words “Annual National Shrimp Festival” or any derivative thereof including but not limited to , “Shrimp Festival”, “National Shrimp Festival”, “Shrimp Fest”, the year (50th Annual) or the term “Official Merchandise” if merchandise may be construed to be tied to the event itself.
● Vendors must furnish their own tent & tent weights. Tent must be secured/weighted properly. Anchoring to any City property is strictly prohibited. Staking in to the ground is prohibited without prior consent. Damages caused by vendor to City/Private property are the responsibility of the vendor. If you need to rent a tent please contact the CABC so we can provide you with contact information for authorized tent vendors.
● Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs, LED lighting & extension cords. (No longer than 25 feet and no smaller than 12 gauge)
● Vendors are required to obtain a City of Gulf Shores & Baldwin County/State of AL Business License to participate in the festival.
● Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying sales taxes. Tax forms will be included in vendor packets and tax collectors will be on site on Sunday, for your convenience, to pay sales taxes. It is the vendor’s responsibility to pay taxes. Any vendor that does not pay will not be issued license for the next year and will NOT be eligible to participate.
● All displays should be designed and constructed in good taste. Displays must not cause concern for the safety of festival attendees.
● Vendors may ONLY use the space provided and purchased. You MUST keep all of your stock and equipment within your designated area.
● Parking is extremely limited. A parking pass will be provided for each vendor. Vendor must display tag and contact information. It must be displayed correctly in windshield of vehicle. Any vehicle not displaying a parking pass will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. We strongly encourage the use of the Gulf Shores City School Shuttle system whenever possible.
● Vendors are responsible for securing tents and merchandise at the festival. Security is provided before and during the festival. The CABC assumes no responsibility or liability for damage or loss of property in cases of weather, theft or vandalism or any other cause. It is the responsibility of the vendor to insure and secure their own property.
● Vendors must bring enough inventory to make it through the festival. Festival hours are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm Thursday- Saturday and 10:00 am - 5:00 pm on Sunday. Vendors must stay open for the duration of the festival.
● Vendors must check in during the hours scheduled for that area. All areas of the festival have different check in times. With little exception, any vendor that does not check in during the time allocated may forfeit their booth without refund. NO VENDORS may pack up and leave early unless approved by committee. Leaving early will automatically disqualify you from the following year’s festival.
● No booth space can be sub-leased. Any vendor found subleasing space will automatically be disqualified from the festival and asked to leave without refund.
● If you send a sample of your product, the sample will not be returned.
● Electricity is provided to all vendors with restrictions. If you are using too much power you will be required to reduce your number of connections.
● No generators are allowed on festival site.
● Active solicitation (hawking) outside of booth space is prohibited.
● Vendors may begin breaking down their booths after 5:00 pm on Sunday and NOT BEFORE!
● LOAD OUT INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURES WILL BE COMMUNICATED BY YOUR COMMITTEE CHAIR. DO NOT TRY TO LINE UP OR MOVE YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO.
● NO COOKING OR GRILLING ON ANY PART OF THE SITE IS PERMITTED UNLESS YOU ARE A FOOD VENDOR.
● NO SMOKING IN OR AROUND VENDOR TENTS. SMOKING IS ONLY PERMITTED IN DESIGNATED AREAS. PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE GROUND.
● NO PETS ARE ALLOWED ON THE FESTIVAL SITE.
● THE SALE OF WEAPONS, TOBACCO AND ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED.
● VENDORS MAY NOT BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR NON PRESCRIPTION DRUGS DURING THE FESTIVAL.