ENNIE Awards Winner 2020!
- Product of the Year (Gold)
- Best Layout and Design (Gold)
- Best Writing (Gold)
- Best Game (Silver)
"A doom metal album of a game. A spiked flail to the face. Rules light, heavy everything else."
MÖRK BORG is a pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches in a bleak and decaying world. Who are you? The tomb-robber with silver glittering between cracked fingernails? The mystic who would bend the world’s heart away from it’s inevitable end? The world is dying. And you with it.
Confront power-draining necromancers, skulking skeletal warriors and backstabbing wickheads. Wander the Valley of the Unfortunate Undead, the catacombs beneath the Bergen Chrypt or the bedevilled Sarkash forest. But leave hope behind - the world’s cruel fate is sealed, and all your vain heroic efforts are destined to end in death and dismay. Or are they?
MÖRK BORG is a complete game in the OSR genre, that can be played as is or be picked apart for use in your own homebrew. The rules are easily made compatible with most of the editions of the world’s largest role-playing game. Within the book you’ll find:
- A brief look at this dying world. From The Two-Headed Basilisks’ gothic cathedral in Galgenbeck and Blood-countess Anthelia’s limestone palace, to the fields of death in Graven-Tosk and the barren wastes of Kergüs.
- The Calendar of Nechrubel, that decides the speed of the world’s demise.
- 20 occult Powers that let you bend reality, and just as many magical catastrophes for when you disastrously fail.
- Optional rules which bring more depth to the game. Omens let you turn bad luck into a slightly better one. Classes with unique traits and quirks, and tables that will bring life into your character.
- 12 creatures to be murdered by.
- Game master tools such as tables for corpse plundering, occult treasure, adventure sparks, dungeon generating and other devilry.
- The introductory dungeon crawl scenario Rotblack Sludge, where you investigate a forgotten part of the Shadow King’s enormous ruin palace. Cannibal warlocks, poison peddlers from beyond the void and hungry gutworms await.
MÖRK BORG is designed by Pelle Nilsson (Ockult Örtmästare Games) and Johan Nohr (Stockholm Kartell), published by Free League Publishing.
"This is the OSR taken to a completely different level." 10/10
"It’s an art piece to have in your collection."
“It manages to cram pure brilliance into such tight spaces that its outright confounding at times.”
-The Dread Gazebo
Refund & return policy
No refund or returns allowed on this purchase.
Exceptions may apply. Please message Anna for more information.
Free League Publishing is a Swedish publisher and game creator dedicated to speculative fiction in various forms. We have created and published a range of award-winning tabletop role-playing games, board games and art books set in strange and wondrous worlds. Through the distorting mirrors of fantasy and science fiction we reflect on our own world, its history and future.
Our game portfolio include the official ALIEN The Roleplaying Game (Gold ENNIE for Best Game 2020), the Nordic horror roleplaying game Vaesen based on the works by the praised Johan Egerkrans, the pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG Mörk Borg, the alternate ’90s RPG Things from the Flood and the alternate ’80s Tales from the Loop (winner of five ENNIE Awards 2017, including Best Game) based on the worlds of the acclaimed Simon Stålenhag, the sandbox retro fantasy Forbidden Lands (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2019), the postapocalyptic Mutant: Year Zero (Silver ENNIE for Best Rules 2015), and the space adventure Coriolis – The Third Horizon (Judge’s Spotlight Award 2017) as well as the praised dark fantasy RPG Symbaroum.