This document forms the basis of an agreement between Dyad, LLC, and the artists who wish to sell merchandise or services at Kawaii Kon, herein known as “artist”. Dyad, LLC is the host organizer and promoter of entertainment conventions and services. Artists are in the business of selling their own printed or commissioned artwork and self-made creations hereinafter designated as the Property. The terms Dyad, LLC and Kawaii Kon shall be termed to mean the individual or individuals assigned by the CEO of Dyad, LLC as Artist Alley Room Liaisons. Artist shall be fully responsible to pay for any and all damages to property owned by the Hawaii Convention Center or Dyad, LLC or their owners or managers, which results from any act or omission of Artist. Artist agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless, Hawaii Convention Center, Dyad, LLC, and their respective owners, managers, officers or directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates, from any damages or charges resulting from Artist’s use of the property. Artists’ liability shall include, without limitation, all losses, costs, damages, or expenses arising from or out of or by reason of any accident or bodily injury or other occurrences to any person or persons, including the Artist, their agents, employees, and business invitees which arise from or out of the Artist’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises, Hotel, or any part thereof. Artist is responsible for providing their own insurance, if desirable, to protect Artist and Artist’s property from damage, loss, theft, harm, or injury. Neither Dyad, LLC nor the Hawaii Convention Center will obtain insurance on Artist’s behalf. Artist is solely responsible for its own company, exhibited material, goods, samples, and other property. Artist will hold harmless Dyad, LLC and event facilities or any of their respective officers, agents, employees, representatives or affiliates, from any liability, damage, loss, harm, claim, or injury to property or person of the Artist, Artist’s officers, agents, employees or other persons, whether caused by the negligence of Dyad, LLC or event facilities, or from theft, fire, water, accident, or any other cause whatsoever that are not covered under Dyad, LLC’s standard insurance policy. Dyad, LLC reserves the right to make changes or amend the contract and has the final say on all matters pertaining to the use and function of the Artist Alley during the duration of the show.
1. Once this application is submitted, the Artist Alley Liaisons will review the submission and verify the submission is complete and appropriate for the Kawaii Kon Artist Alley. The credit card submitted with this application will be charged upon approval. If you require alternate payment, please contact email@example.com to make arrangements upon SUBMISSION of this application.
2. Any ARTIST who purchases a Standard table but is found to be selling merchandise that is only appropriate for sale in the Pro Section will be immediately asked to discontinue sales of said merchandise. If artist wishes to continue selling said merchandise, they can upgrade to a Pro Space, (upon space available), and incur an additional transfer penalty of $150. Example of merchandise would be non hand-screened t-shirts or other items, which are primarily pre-fabricated.
3. Provide a valid email address and check your email often. If you do not hear from us, contact the Artist Alley Director. Kawaii Kon is not liable if you do not receive information because you did not check your email or provided a faulty/invalid email address.
4. If special arrangements are required, please contact the Artist Alley Director no later than 6 weeks before the convention.
We request that all participants of Kawaii Kon please be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We have not yet determined our exact COVID-19 policies, but ARTISTS must follow all sanitation protocols established for the convention such as wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer. We will provide updates via email and upon checking in. If you are feeling sick the week of the convention or have been exposed and are not vaccinated, please stay home. We will transfer your table to next year or process a refund after the event.Dyad, LLC is not responsible in any manner for any risks related to COVID-19 in connection the event. The World Health Organization has classified the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic and that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease, and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in significant personal injury or death regardless of vaccination status.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Dyad, LLC (Kawaii Kon) reserves the right to remove you from Artist Alley without refund for any reason. You will not be allowed to exhibit for the remainder of the convention. Severe violations may result in a suspension or permanent ban as an Artist Alley exhibitor.
2. All those with exhibitor memberships must also adhere to the code of conduct located at https://kawaiikon.com/information/rules-policies/code-of-conduct/
3. ARTISTS are expected to follow the same rules of behavior as the rest of the convention attendees during off-hours. Any ARTIST ejected from the convention during off-hours must leave immediately the next morning during the set-up time.
4. Artist Alley promotes a safe and respectful environment for the artists and guests. As such, ARTISTS should conduct themselves in a professional manner and must abide by all instructions given to them by Kawaii Kon and Artist Alley Directors and Staff.
5. All convention, local, state, and federal rules will apply while in the Artists Alley. ARTISTS who break any of the convention rules will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. ARTISTS who break any laws should expect to deal with law enforcement and face possible prosecution. This contract does not protect ARTISTS who break the law.
LIMITATIONS ON SALES
1. We encourage the sale of any products featuring your own creations, commissioned and hand-drawn works, unique hand-made items, fanzines, and similar items.
2. All ARTISTS must obey federal, state, and local laws and ordinances regarding the sale of material that, intentionally or unintentionally, infringes upon the trademarks or copyrights of another party. ARTISTS selling material that infringes upon the trademark or copyright of another party may be ejected without warning and without refund. Dyad, LLC reserves the right to inspect and/or eject questionable material at any time.
3. Artist Alley ARTISTS may only sell their own ORIGINAL artwork and creations. ARTISTS cannot sell licensed or logo merchandise unless it can be considered “fan art.”
4. ARTISTS may not sell "mass produced" items. Artist Alley defines "mass produced" as more than 100 units of a single item. Resellers and commercial artists are welcome to purchase booth space in the Dealer’s Room. Pro Spot ARTISTS may sell an unlimited number of prints.
5. ARTISTS may not display material deemed offensive or inappropriate. Dyad, LLC has the sole right to determine what is offensive or inappropriate. You may not sell offensive or inappropriate material to minors (under age 18). Artists who fail to comply or are caught selling such materials to minors shall be ejected without warning and without refund.
TABLE USE POLICIES
1. All ARTISTS certify that they have complied with all federal, state, and local policies regarding the collection of any and all required taxes.
2. You may share your table with other Artists but you may not resell, sublet, or otherwise profit off the table space itself. If you share table space, the table owner (purchaser) will be held liable for rule violations committed by all ARTISTS at their table.
3. You may not sell or resell another artist’s works. Kawaii Kon does NOT allow proxy selling in the Artist Alley. ARTIST listed on contract must be ARTISTto check-in and claim the space. Licensed artists who wish to have proxy selling or staff attend Kawaii Kon may apply for a space in the Dealer's Room. Artists who are found non-compliant with this policy will no longer be able to make any sales and will be required to move all of their belongings at the end of the day.
4. You may not damage, mark, or disfigure any of the provided equipment (including tables, chairs, table skirting, carpets, etc.). Report any accidental damage to the Artist Alley Staff as soon as possible. You may be held responsible for any fines incurred by Dyad, LLC resulting from these damages.
5. ARTISTS may purchases ONE spot in the Artist Alley.
6. Standard Table Guidelines:
- • Standard Table will be 1 (one) 6' table.
- • Displays for Standard Tables must be fixed to the table and measure no higher than 5' from the top of the table. Displays on top of tables must be sturdy and not present a hazard of falling over.
- • Small banners (no higher than 6' from the ground) will be allowed within reasonable space guidelines, but can not enter into another Artist's space or the designated aisles.
- • Standard Tables may not be moved or removed.
7. Pro Space Guidelines:
- • Pro Spaces will be 1 (one) 8' table in a 6' x 10' space.
- • Pro Space displays can be up to 10' tall. Pro Space displays must be sturdy and not pose any hazard of falling. Telescopic poster displays MUST use the appropriate hardware and not pose any risk of falling or other safety hazards.
- • Tables may be moved or removed from Pro Spaces. If you would like to have your table removed, please notify Artist Alley staff so we may have convention center staff remove it.
8. No more than 2 chairs will be allowed per full table. Freestanding forms must meet the designated guidelines for your area of purchase. See above for guidelines. All displays, chairs, tables and merchandise must be maintained within ARTIST’S designated area.
9. There is to be no smoking, burning of objects, or open flame in Artist Alley at any time.
10. The Hawaii Convention Center requires special tape on their floors. Do not tape anything to walls or floors without permission from Kawaii Kon. If an area poses a tripping hazard, see the Artist Alley staff.
11. Artists may play video/audio devices at a reasonable volume. Dyad, LLC reserves the right to determine the definition of ‘reasonable volume.’ If there are complaints you will be asked to turn down/off your music. Furthermore, Dyad, LLC also reserves the right as to what audio/video content may be played during the hours of operation of Artist Alley.
12. If you want to have a raffle or giveaway, please inform the Artists Alley Director ahead of time so that we can assist with any possible line forming or crowding issues. Crowding becomes a problem when it begins to block the thoroughfares between tables, becoming a fire hazard. Therefore please get your raffle/giveaway taken care of as quickly as possible. Please make sure any raffles comply with state and local laws, as well as Hawai’i Convention Center rules.
13. At the completion of the convention, ARTISTS are expected to clean up their own space. Convention center guidelines for trash disposal / recycling will be included in the ARTIST information packet given before the start of the convention. If you fail to clean up your space, a cleanup fee of $100 will be assessed. If you are found to be disposing of your trash/boxes/etc improperly, the Hawai’i Convention Center may assess a housekeeping fee of up to $1,000.
14. Artist Alley table placements will be assigned on a lottery basis. There will be no “seat by” requests.
15. Dyad, LLC and the Kawaii Kon staff are not responsible for personal items or merchandise.
16. Dyad, LLC may use pictures of your booth setup for promotional purposes.