IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING PAYMENTS, DEADLINES AND CANCELLATIONS:
- Please make note of when payments are due (see Important Dates) Failure to pay by the deadlines outlined will result in your spot being forfeited. Your submission and participation will be deemed cancelled and we will contact the next artist on the Wait List. No exceptions.
- If for any reason the in-person show is cancelled, you agree to participate in the online show and pay the online participation fee of $125 (Member) and $175 (Non-member) plus HST. The balance of your participation fee paid will be reimbursed.
- In order to qualify for the membership rate, you need to be a member AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION. No exceptions.
- Artist must sign and return participation contract and waiver (sent with acceptance notification) to participate in ArtWalk.
Please note that this is a Fine Art Show. One of the reasons that artists like participating in the Artists’ Network outdoor shows is that we are strict with regards to only accepting Fine Art. Over the years, technology and processes have changed and we have been asked by the artist community to outline our criteria. This is not intended to limit anyone’s ability to show and sell their work, only to ensure that the high standard of art showcased by all artists is what you expect. Exhibited work must be consistent with the images submitted by the artist and must conform to the event guidelines.
All decisions on the suitability of art to be displayed made by the Artists’ Network or its representatives are final. The accepted artists are expected to co-operate fully with the Network. Exhibitors will be monitored by the Artists’ Network and its representatives and we reserve the right to remove any questionable or non-approved art from the show. Any artist who violates the rules, is uncooperative or who demonstrate abusive behaviour may be asked to leave the show and will forfeit their right to participate in any future shows.
All work must be original and executed by the accepted artist. No functional art; mugs, bowls, posters, pillows, books, jewellery, T-shirts or other clothing or home décor is permitted.
Photographs and digital works must be signed by the artist and appropriately numbered indicating a limited number of prints of no more than 100. Only two version of each image may be displayed at a time.
- Reproductions of non-photographic or digital work (ie – reproductions or prints of original paintings) may occupy a maximum of 15% of booth area (approximately ½ wall). They are to be numbered and labelled as reproductions. Open Editions (not numbered) are permitted; however only 1 version of each reproduction may be shown at a time. Notecards may be shown in multiples and are included within the 15% limitation.
- Artists are permitted to have non-conforming work in a portfolio to show to prospective buyers.
- You may include up to 30 pieces of art in the store.
- Prints can be sold, but limited to 20% of items displayed and sold in your store. (ie 30 pieces in your store – 6 can be prints). Only one print of the same image can be displayed at any time in your online store. The store will enable you to sell multiples of the same print by indicating the number available.
- Artists are responsible for uploading their profile and art into their online storefront
- Artists are for responsible for managing all inventory and sales, communication with the client, set shipping and handling fees and for all shipping/delivery to the client.
- Managing your Eventeny Profile is the artists responsibility. Once the show closes artists must “unpublish” each product/artwork in their profile or “remove” the product. Once an event closes, no one can access your profile by visiting the ArtWalk event site. However, even if the event is closed, if someone has your person profile/store link, they can still access your profile and store and click on and purchase any product you have listed that you do not ‘unpublish’ or ‘remove’.