About the Event: The Baldwin Park First Friday Festival is a sidewalk event that takes place MONTHLY on the first Friday of the month (exceptions: dates that fall on annual events or at Consult BOOM, Inc’s discretion). The event is held from 5:30pm-9:30pm in Baldwin Park Village Center at 4990 New Broad Street, Orlando, FL 32814.
About the Producers: Consult BOOM is a full service marketing and events company that specializes in helping small businesses fill in the gaps needed to run a successful company. BOOM has been producing events in the Baldwin Park area for over 8 years, and currently hosts almost 20 events in Baldwin Park a year.
Questions about the event? Call us at 407-801-9562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about upcoming events can be found at BaldwinParkEvents.com.
I) GENERAL RULES
1. By signing up for the event, you agree to follow every rule stated in this book, and agree to accept any consequences that may result from not following the event rules.
i. The first offense of fraction will result in a verbal warning.
ii. The second offense will result in a written warning.
iii. Third offense will result in termination of the vendor for the remainder of the event year or a minimum of 3 months.
2. If at any time Consult BOOM, Inc deems the conduct unprofessional, staff will verbally warn the participant. If the unprofessional conduct continues, staff reserves the right to shut down the non-compliant booth without the possibility of a refund and possible suspension or exclusion from other events that Consult BOOM produces.
3. Products or categories currently not accepted, but not limited to:
i. Food Trucks or Trailers
ii. Vehicles of any kind
iii. Resale Items
iv. Flea Market style items
v. Illegal or prohibited items
vi. On-Site cooking
4. By participating in this event, you consent to Consult BOOM, Inc and other publications the right to photograph, or video any vendor and booth at any time. All images are property of Consult BOOM, Inc or the publications which took the video/photos.
5. Consult BOOM may increase or decrease the event size for any reason at any time.
6. No subletting or sharing of booths is permitted without written consent from Consult BOOM, Inc.
7. No food or beverage items may be sold by any vendor/exhibitor without express consent of Consult BOOM, Inc. There is no handing out of any food or beverage allowed without written consent from Consult BOOM, Inc.
8. No alcohol of any kind can be served/sold at the event.
9. ONLY the items listed in your description will be accepted. Any new items being sold at the event without letting us know is a violation of our rules.
10. There is no smoking or vaping in or near your booth, or other vendor booths. Vendors who wish to smoke or vape during the event may do so 50ft away from other vendors or event space.
11. There is absolutely no illegal substances that shall be consumed, kept, bought, or sold within the event area or under the event name.
12. Collection of sales tax, when required, is the sole responsibility of the vendor.
13. Approved vendors must have an ACTIVE BUSINESS LICENSE (TAX RECEIPT) from the city or county in which their business is located. It is the responsibility of the vendor to obtain all appropriate licenses and to have those in their booth at all times. Vendors are also responsible for keeping current state, county, and city licenses. Event Director may ask to see licenses at any time.
14. All vendors who are selling food/beverages, Health, Wellness, or cosmetics (soaps, massages, oils, face-painting etc. please ask about your product if you are unsure) will be required (NO EXCEPTIONS) to submit a Certificate of Liability Insurance with the following as Certificate Holder and Additionally Insured:
Consult BOOM, Inc.
522 S. Hunt Club Blvd #243
Apopka, FL 32703
15. Booth equipment rentals are available on a first-come first-served basis and must be requested at least 48 hours in advance.
1. A new application will be required annually and will remain in effect until changes are made or until termination of the applicant. Application rules remain in effect for the entire event year.
2. Every effort shall be made to supply vendor/exhibitor with his/her booth/location choice; however, Consult BOOM, Inc will be solely responsible for vendor/sponsor placements throughout the community and will do so based on your request and the successful "flow" of the event. Sponsors will receive priority placement, followed by vendors. Final placement layouts will be provided via email to all participants the Monday before the event. Consult BOOM, Inc reserves the right to make changes in booth assignments (including after the final layout has been published and on the day of the event) as they deem necessary.
3. Any approved vendor must notify Consult BOOM, Inc of ANY changes to their application including but not limited to items, ownership, phone numbers, etc.
4. All vendors are required to describe what they are selling/distributing in the application. Only those items listed will be allowed. Exclusivity of product or service is not offered due to the inclusive nature of the event. However, Consult BOOM, Inc reserves the right to limit the number of "like kind" exhibitors.
5. We will only allow one representative from companies like Mary Kay Cosmetics, Trades of Hope, It Works, etc. to exhibit at any one event. Any vendor that sells a product that has not been previously approved by Consult BOOM or is not incompliance with the First Friday Rules, may result in immediate termination, forfeit fees paid, and banned from future events.
6. Vendor application fees are non-refundable.
7. Consult BOOM, Inc reserves the right to refuse, remove, suspend, or exclude any vendor for any reason at any time. We aim to have 50% of our vendors to be artists, and to limit the amount of like-kind vendors like jewelry, and other handcrafted items.
8. You MUST rent a 10x10 space to participate in the First Friday Festival. Anyone found participating in the event without renting a space will be removed.
9. Booths may be paid by Credit Card or Check. Bounced checks will incur a $35 fee. WE DO NOT ACCEPT Cash, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, ACH Transfers, or any other forms of payment.
1. Consult BOOM, Inc rents out tents, tent weights, tables, and tablecloths to vendors who request them. Stock is limited.
2. Request must be made at least 48 hours in advance and is reserved on a first-come first-served basis.
3. You are REQUIRED to have tent weights on your tents. Those who do not have tent weights on the day of the event may incur an extra fee whether or not we are able to rent weights to you on the day of the event.
IV) INCLEMENT WEATHER/POLICIES
1. All participants understand that Consult BOOM, Inc has no control over festival attendance, inclement weather or any other unforeseen events. Consult BOOM, Inc will not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property that may occur as a result.
2. All participants understand that the event will be held from 5:30-9:30pm (RAIN OR SHINE), no refunds will be considered due to weather conditions.
3. If the event must be cancelled (at the discretion of Consult BOOM, Inc), your booth fees will be forwarded to the following month. An incoming thunderstorm DOES NOT MEAN an event cancellation. REFUNDS will not be given if you choose not to participate. We do expect from time to time to temporarily shut down the event due to dangerous weather conditions.
4. Our complete list of emergency procedures is listed on our website that includes weather and other dangerous occurrences.
1. Set-up and registration begins at 3:30pm on the day of the event. All vendors are required to check-in prior to setting up their space. You can check in by texting your company name to 407-443-6110. Set up must be substantially completed by 5:15pm*. Due to limited space, booths will only be held until 5:00pm on the day of the event. Participants that do not check in or are not setting up by 5:00pm may forfeit their opportunity to display at the event as well as any registration fees paid. SET UP is not permitted until all current fees and other owed monies are paid in full. *NOTE: If it is raining during set up time, you may wait to set up your tent and items until the rain has passed.
2. All vendors who are unloading their items into their booths must COMPLETELY unload their items into their designated space, then IMMEDIATELY remove their vehicle and park in a legal parking space. DO NOT start setting up ANY part of your booth until your vehicle is parked in a legal parking space. During breakdown, COMPLETELY breakdown your booth BEFORE bringing your car near your booth space. NO EXCEPTIONS. Consult BOOM, Inc reserves the right to use legal action to remove any vehicles from the street that are illegally parked, or causing any interference of any kind with the event. Consult BOOM, Inc is not responsible for any damages, injury, or accidents to any vehicle at any time.
3. There is no parking in the circle by the fountain in Baldwin Park. Please park in a legal parking spot within Baldwin Park. Please refer to number 2 for additional parking rules.
4. All equipment necessary for set up and display at the event (tents w/weights, tables, chairs, dollies, carts, lighting, extension cords, duct tape, etc) will be solely the responsibility of each vendor/exhibitor.
5. Although electricity is available to all vendors (BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED), it is shared and some booths may have closer access than others. Vendors are encouraged to come equipped with at least a 25-foot extension cord, surge protector and duct tape to cover cords in walkways. Battery-operated lighting is encouraged.
6. Electrical cords MUST be covered with duct tape or heavy duty rugs to avoid a tripping hazard, and keep the event safe.
7. All tented booths MUST have tent weights of at least 10lbs per leg. Failure to do so may result in removal of tent, or termination from event. Renting weights from Consult BOOM, Inc is an option.
8. Displays are to be of professional quality. No displays over 10ft. in height or extending beyond the assigned booth area are permitted. All packaging materials and boxes are to be stored out of sight.
9. Consult BOOM, Inc reserves the right to prohibit signs, banners and/or groups marketing or promoting illegal, obscene or pornographic items. Vendors displaying such items will be dismissed from the event and forfeit any fees paid. Consult BOOM, Inc. reserves the right to determine what items are appropriate and allowable.
10. Vendor/exhibitor must conduct all activities and sales within designated booth space only. No distribution of literature, flyers, handbills, petitions, surveys, etc. may be conducted outside your booth space, on or about the premises, inside or out, without express written permission of Consult BOOM, Inc. Violation of this rule may result in the immediate shut down of the vendor or sponsor space, without the possibility of a refund.
11. All booths and exhibits must be attended at all times; personal property is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor. Consult BOOM, Inc shall not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
12. Amplification of music or voice, which could constitute a nuisance to co-exhibitors and/or guests, shall not be permitted.
13. All state and local ordinances regarding nudity and obscenity will be strictly enforced. No indecent exposure of private body parts is allowed. Appropriate attire is required.
14. All vendors/exhibitors are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Vendors/exhibitors will be held responsible for the conduct of themselves, representatives, and guests inside their booth(s).
15. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE may a vendor approach another vendor or representative to discuss vendor activities, whether operational or product issues. ALL CONCERNS will be reported to Consult BOOM, Inc.
16. Vendors must maintain a professional appearance during the event including but not limited to clean clothes, hair, hands, feet, shoes, etc.
17. All Vendors are required to have adequate lighting installed during the event and must be turned on before sunset. Electricity is not promised, so battery operated lighting is recommended.
18. Our staff will be there to monitor booths and vendors. If at any time, a vendor or booth display is different than the application, the responsible party may be asked remove such items, or risk termination.
19. Tear down may not begin before 9:30pm and must be completed by 10:30pm. Your area must be left clean and free of debris. Vendors are responsible for all cleanup in the 10x10 space and the vicinity around their operations. Excessive trash or items left behind will incur a fee based on the amount left behind.
VI) CANCELLATION/LATE POLICY
1. Cancellation/Late/No-Show Policies
i. Advanced Cancellation: If a vendor cancels at least 3 days before the event date, they will receive no consequences, and may receive a credit towards their next month’s participation IF Consult BOOM can fill their space with another vendor before the event.
ii. Late Cancellation: If a vendor cancels less than 3 days before the event, the vendor will not face any other consequences and will not receive a refund.
iii. Late Set-up: If a vendor is late to the event, for the first time, a $10 late fee will be charged in the next 24-48 business hours. If a vendor is late two times, a $20 late fee will be charged in the next 24-48 business hours. If a vendor is late 3 times, the vendor will be suspended from this event for a minimum of 2 months and will forfeit all fees paid.
iv. No-Show: If vendor does not show up to an event, and does not call or text (407-443-6110) before the event, it is considered a No-Show. The first time a vendor no-shows, the vendor will required to pay a $25 reinstatement fee before being accepted into any Baldwin Park Events. The second no-show, the vendor will be terminated from the event for a minimum of 3 months, at the Event Director’s discretion.
2. How to Cancel for an event
i. 24 hours before event time: Email info@baldwinparkevents with your business name and your cancellation notice.
ii. Less than 24 hours before event time: Text 407-443-6110 with your business name and cancellation notice. Emails day-of will not be monitored.
By signing up for the event, the signee will indemnify the Baldwin Park First Friday Festival, and Consult BOOM and hold them harmless from and against all claims, actions, damages, liability, and /or expenses connected with or arising out of the loss of life, personal injury and or damages to life or property arising from or out of any occurrence in, upon or around the Baldwin Park First Friday Festival (Consult BOOM) event, including parking lot and any adjoining property to the event, occasioned wholly or in part by any act or omission of an exhibitor, its agents or employees and shall protect The Baldwin Park First Friday Festival (and Consult BOOM) in connection with any act or conduct of any person(s) whether or not a party or privy hereto. The participant agrees to rely solely on its own insurance for any losses or injury arising out of or associated with this event. The Baldwin Park First Friday Festival participant agrees to abide by all event rules above and with all applicable local ordinances and state laws. This agreement and any attachments and exhibits are the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties and may only be modified, or any rights under it waived by a written document executed by all parties. By signing this agreement for the Baldwin Park First Friday Festival (Consult BOOM), the undersigned agrees to abide by all clauses set forth in this agreement and digitally signs this agreement on behalf of him/herself and business or group, its employees, officers, directors and volunteers. Failure to comply will us the right to terminate this agreement. Participant agrees to immediately vacate premises and forfeit any and all fees paid for the privilege of participation upon notice of violation of this agreement.